On average, a person spends about 33% of their time in an office. However, in the case of an entrepreneur, the days tend to take up to 10 hours a day, so making this space as comfortable and in spiring as possible is extremely important. Google office layouts are most commonly copied by another big brand.
An orderly, clean and decorated office to your liking has a relaxing effect on the body and promotes creativity. Also, according to psychologists, the environment created in this space directly influences productivity and personal performance.
Therefore, it is essential that at the moment you choose the Google office layout and objects of your office you have in mind that they should make you feel comfortable, but not too much to prevent you from focusing on your business and finish with the pending ones.
Professional designer recommends that before designing your office, it does not matter if it’s in a corporate building or in your own home, answer these questions
- What kind of work will you do in that space?
- Will external clients visit you there?
- Will your colleagues access it to work together?
- What kind of materials do you need to have in view, or easy to obtain, and which ones can be archived?
- What kind of equipment do you require?
- Will you do videoconferences from there?
- What do I need to make it my space?
- Speed and efficiency are the key factors for an office. Before making any purchase, analyze if you really need that equipment (for example, a large color copier) or if it will only take up space and make you spend.
- Heinz recommends that you try that most of your equipment does not have wires, this will allow you to work sitting or standing, which drives creativity and will avoid the mess generated by the cable.
- Basic equipment: a telephone (with answering machine and loudspeaker); a computer, either your laptop or desktop; a desk with a table and a comfortable chair; and one or more archivists.
Having good lighting is essential
If you need to put artificial lighting,look for it to be as close to natural light and preferably yellowish because this tone is warmer and more comforting. Consider choosing more powerful bulbsfor the night or cloudy days. You should keep in mind that if the lighting ispoor, this will affect your mood and may even lead to depression.
Another factor you should consider is to avoid reflections, especially on your computer screen as this will affect your eyesight and prevent you from working well
No one can work efficiently in an area with noise and interruptions. When you planyour office, choose a secluded space where you can close the door. Another ideato decrease the distracting sounds is to put some ‘white sounds’ such as thosecaused by a fan or air conditioning.
Keeping your Google office layout tidy will reduce your stress levels. Your desk should have only items related to daily work, such as a computer. Avoid having stacks of papers or too many items that distract you.
The solutions to have your office organized are easy and inexpensive: pens, filing cabinets, containers and decorative boxes. By accommodating your papers and files look for ways to improve workflow.
Your health, safety and comfort are basic. Therefore, the articles you choose must be designed to offer you this. Acquire an ergonomic chair that fits your body (the backrest must have a position at a 90 degree angle) and give you good posture, especially while you’re at the computer. Although these cost more, it is well worth the investment since they increase your productivity and performance.
Consider also having an armchair to recharge your feet, an ergonomic mouse that fits your hand and mouse pads that allow you to relax your wrists. Having these accessories in your workplace will make your body less stressed
- tones such as red or orange as these can cause stress. The purple stimulates the imagination and the yellow stimulates enthusiasm.